Friday 4 June 2010

Sweaty boogers

I've always thought of myself as a person who likes people. It turns
out that I like people as long as I'm not in a searingly hot, crowded
enclosed space. So perhaps I like people in the abstract.

There's a man in business clothes unabashedly rooting around in his
nose opposite me, and another guy having a go at the conductor for
something that is clearly his own stupid fault. He also seems to think
that 3 out of four seats and 90% of the table belongs to him. Rather
than explode, I'm just going to passive-aggressively shove his things
around with my laptop millimetres at a time. He'd better watch it, or
he will be on the next installment of the Travelling Douchebag.

1 comment:

  1. Maybe he used to have a company car, but has suffered budget cuts and finds himself on the train. After all, there's that long known fact that people don't realise that the glass in their car windows works both ways, and get up to the most disgusting shenanigans in full view of other road users.
    I would never have thought that this delusion could be so deep-rooted that it would actually affect PUBLIC transport users, but human nature is an eternally fascinating thing...

    ReplyDelete