Thursday 20 May 2010

Had it up to here

"The 07:35 has been cancelled due to a platform fire."

I didn't know that platforms were flammable.

The 08:42 was also cancelled. I managed to cram myself onto the already full non-direct train along with everyone else from my train and do the Picadilly Dash across the entire station within the 3 minutes before the connecting train departed. There may have been casualties...I had to throw a few little old ladies into the gap to clear the way, and bounced pinball style off of a formation of chubby people on the travelator, but I made it. Not bad in heels. 

Luckily, I made it in time for the meeting that I had been trying to set up for four months. It went very well, and I feel that I can relax on the train home. Now if I can only find a seat...

No comments:

Post a Comment