Tuesday 1 December 2009

It's going to be a good day

Despite the frost, this morning's train was on time and not overly crowded. Train Buddy and I got to sit in the big seats (decommissioned first class). Apparently he didn't fare so well yesterday when two consecutive trains were cancelled due to "train failure". However, the morning's biggest success was my trip to the loo. That probably sounds like I have a medical problem, which is not what I meant.

Usually, I would prefer to do the squirm of desperation for an hour over going into one of the stink closets on the train. The dirt in the crevices of the toilets are often the only gIue holding the train together. It's nothing that some industrial-strength bleach and a power washer wouldn't sort, but I'm guessing the fare hikes just won't cover that level of service.

Sometimes, though, it is a necessity. This morning, the loo trip left me feeling like I only needed a shower after leaving. This is a huge improvement, because normally one leaves wanting a full ET style decontamination tent full of men in HazMat suits. It's gonna be a good day.
------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment